Saturday, November 28, 2009

David Archuleta and the Ann Arbor Symphony

As I sat in the Hill auditorium for the Christmas from the Heart performance last evening I was not quite sure if I was in the right place - with an unusual crowd of teenage girls with beaming faces and tees with David Archuleta all over them!

But the opening medley 'A Christmas Festival' totally tranformed my moods and transformed into a different planet - the harmony of over 60 instruments playing moving seamlessly from one tune to the other brought back memories of growing up in Goa.
The next song Angels we have heard was sung by David Archuleta and set the tone for the remainder of the evening of what to expect of him. Loved the french song Patapan and the Spanish Riu Riu Chiu reminded me of another Christmas carol (still tying to figure out which)
The AASO played tunes from the Nutcraker which were simply amazing - I imagined myself as a ballerina dancing to their tunes, missed my brother Jonathan when they played 'Waltz of the Flowers'

I totally enjoyed the performance and could not wait to listen to all the carols online from his christmas album. Could not help notice the boyish charm and when he mentioned that he would be turning 19 next month, all the girls went crazy. We could hear a lot of 'I love you Davids' from the crowd. The crowd was thankfully well behaved with very few interruptions during the performance which simply increased the effect of listening to Ave Maria and Silent Night in the Hill.
I love the Christmas season and this concert seems to have set the right key for the weeks to follow. This morning I saw the fresh fir wreaths at the Farmers market in Kerrytown, found them too expensive at $25 a piece. I wanted to have an advent candle wreath but found that too expensive. Will have to make one of my own this evening given that Advent begins tomorrow.
One my wish list I want to have a Christmas tree - loved the one in Desiree's house - it totally transforms the entire house and brings this warm feeling. This is one of the times of the year when I totally miss being away from home because everything seems to be centered around the family, making sweets to together, decorating the house together, making the star together, making the crib together, singing carols, attending weddings and parties together - it was the time of togetherness. Not sure when I will get a chance to be home for Christmas again.

No comments:

Cuurent books

  • Monk who sold his ferrari
  • Prophet of the People
  • Story of a Rich boy

Favourite Hymns

  • I am a Daughter of Christ
  • Hossana - HillSong
  • Fives Loaves
  • On Eagles Wings
  • Shout to the Lord