Saturday, December 10, 2016

Who am I?

I often think did I choose to be born a in India? Did I choose to be a born a Catholic? Did I choose to be a female?
What if I were born in some other state in India? Or in some other continent? What if I were born in a family that spoke different a language?
There seem to be so many possibilities and it overwhelming by the amount of choices I am faced each day I encounter a new situation or a new person in my life.
I can't help but admit that my current perspective on life, my attitudes are shaped by the conditioning of living in certain kinds of environments. And yet, when I meet somebody different I have preconceived ideas and prejudices - I think they offer the comfort of how to deal with others.

I read somewhere, within five minutes of being born a baby is given a name and religion which he/she ends up defending all its life. This is so true - I have to explain my name to almost every person I meet - will have to write more about in another blog post.



No comments:

Cuurent books

  • Monk who sold his ferrari
  • Prophet of the People
  • Story of a Rich boy

Favourite Hymns

  • I am a Daughter of Christ
  • Hossana - HillSong
  • Fives Loaves
  • On Eagles Wings
  • Shout to the Lord